Spring Clean your Smile!
With spring, just around the corner, for many this is the time to thoroughly clean your homes of dust and cobwebs, getting rid of clutter and breathing fresh air into your life. But what about your smile?
- It is important to ensure that you follow a good oral hygiene routine in between dental appointments to maintain your teeth in the best possible condition.
- When did you last change your toothbrush or toothbrush head? It is important that you change your toothbrush or toothbrush head to ensure that you are brushing effectively.
- You should brush your teeth at least twice a day using a fluoride toothpaste.
- You should also clean your teeth inter-dentally daily to ensure you remove any food or plaque that may be trapped in between your teeth.
- Getting a professional cleaning twice a year can have a significant impact on the quality of your long term oral health.
- Regular cleaning will remove plaque and tartar which builds up over time and is nearly impossible to remove with regular brushing or flossing.
- The hygienist will also be able to give you advice on the best oral hygiene routine to follow to keep your teeth plaque free and slow down any tooth decay.
- The hygienist may also suggest giving up smoking, as this will reduce staining and improve the appearance of your teeth and gums.
Research has consistently shown that a nice smile is one of the key features people look for in a future partner and studies have also linked a healthy, attractive smile to a happy personal life and successful career. So, this spring, take time for yourself and your teeth – schedule a spring clean appointment with the hygienist and keep your smile bright.